Kitchen data sheet - Downloadable models
La fiche technique cuisine est indispensables pour la bonne gestion d’un restaurant professionnel ou d’une cuisine professionnelle. Le but d’une telle fiche est de maîtriser les matières premières alimentaires et de donner les bonnes procédures d’exécution aux cuisiniers. Seuls les coûts des aliments, denrées alimentaires, sont intégrés dans le calcul d’une fiche technique. Les coût de la main d’œuvre et les autres charges comme l’électricité, les énergies, le matériel ou les loyers, ne sont pas pris en compte. Plusieurs services et étapes sont impliqués dans son utilisation. En matière de restauration et de d’hôtellerie les fiches techniques ont plusieurs rôles, économique dans un premier temps, mais c’est aussi une ressource et un outil pédagogique pour vos équipes.
- Purchasing management: the professional data sheet is used to establish the quantities of foodstuffs to be ordered.
- Costing: the sheet allows the costing of foodstuffs to be calculated to help the manager set the selling price of the manufactured product. Margin rates and ratios can be calculated in this way. The purchase price of ingredients must be known in order to be able to update the culinary cards regularly. It is preferable to use an adapted software to avoid redoing the calculations by hand.
- Inventories, management control and stock management: the sheet will enable the total amount of raw materials consumed theoretically over a period to be calculated and compared with the actual quantities consumed. By integrating the stock difference.
- Organisation et gestion du travail : la recette donne les étapes de fabrication, pour garantir la qualité du produit fini. Une photo peut être intégrée pour guider le cuisiner sur la présentation
The kitchen data sheet - Why?
A culinary creation is a work of art that requires the use of technical sciences and a high level of creativity.
The professional card is one of the essential management tools for all managers and restaurant owners. It has been taught for a long time, not always appreciated by professionals, but it is essential to guarantee a good transmission of information between all members of a professional team.
What is the purpose of the kitchen data sheet and for whom?
The professional data sheet is essential for the manager to :
- Calculate the cost and selling price of each dish
- Loss management
- Food waste management
- Controlling the production of the kitchen and checking the quality of execution.
- Prepare raw material orders from its suppliers.
- To optimize inventory management.
- Do management control and monitor slippage
It is indispensable in the kitchen for :
- Establish raw material orders to calculate and reduce food wastage
- Guarantee a quality and consistent recipe no matter who is performing it in the team.
- Impose the presentation of each dish regardless of who is on the plate.
How to draw up this kitchen data sheet?
- Draw up a list of the raw materials needed to produce the recipe: raw materials.
- Establish theprice unit for each ingredient: unit (if necessary also note the equivalent for packaging)
- Indicate the quantities required for each ingredient in the unit chosen: quantity
- Indicate the unit price excluding VAT of each ingredient in the unit previously chosen: unit price excluding VAT
- Lump-sum values can be added to account for certain common ingredients that are difficult to estimate but have little impact on costs, and are added mainly because they are essential to the preparation of the recipe.
|Unit||Quantity||Unit price excl. tax||Awards HT|
|Liquid UHT Cream 35% UHT||litre||0,4||2,90||1,16|
|Total cost price||4,83|
The steps :
- Weighing food
- Then, make the crème brûlée: milk, liquid cream 30% fat minimum, egg yolks and sugar.
- Bake in a slow oven (at about 95°C) for 1 hour.
- Then cool down in the cell
- Gratinate with a blowtorch
- I mean, to train and send
The steps of the recipe are a list of the successive tasks to be carried out to achieve it.
Pricing : From the total cost price, the selling price can be calculated by applying a multiplier. This is a simple way of integrating other costs than food: salaries, fixed costs, depreciation, equipment, rent, etc.
Table of concordance of weights and measures
This is one of the most complex problems to grasp: units of measurement. You can use the unit conversion tables of some sites as a kitchen boy.
The weight of food is fairly easy to determine, but sometimes it is more convenient to know the weight of vegetables by the unit than by the kilo. Here is another useful site to help solve this problem.
Cooking indicator table
The data sheet is not always well used or too detailed for the cook. The catering professional can therefore use this additional tool to facilitate tasks and management in the kitchen.
Setting of card fees
The menu is the most important commercial document of the restaurant. Its design and pricing are one of the essential components of the offer, together with the image, decoration, atmosphere, welcome and service.
Pricing takes into account the prices charged by the competition and the company's need for profitability. The card's prices are set by bringing these constraints together. Then, in order to avoid competition, several differentiation techniques make it more difficult to compare prices. But price remains a major concern for the consumer. So two opposing approaches are most often used:
1- The principle of multiplying coefficients
First of all, the "coef" method consists of applying a multiplier coefficient (or ratio) to the material cost of a dish to obtain the selling price. Also, the material cost is calculated by the kitchen data sheet. This is a simple and reliable technique because it is easy to determine the material cost, whereas knowing the impact of rent or wages on the price of a dish would be very complicated to determine.
Selling price = material cost x multiplying factor
exemple : Pour obtenir une marge brute de 75 %, soit 25 % de matière première, on pratique un coefficient multiplicateur de 4
2- Omnès' principles
This technique allows a catering professional to check the consistency of the a la carte price offer with customer reaction.
The application of the multiplier principle can lead to an unbalanced price distribution because the multiplication amplifies the differences between the cheaper and the more expensive dishes. Therefore, the Omnès principle allows for a lower multiplier to be applied to the highest prices.
In conclusion, several approaches can be used by the Omnes principles and can be combined with the first method.
Excel or Koust format?
The sheets are therefore indispensable for a catering professional, whether in a commercial restaurant or in a high school, these technical sheets guarantee the good management of a catering establishment.
You can create a professional recipe in Excel format, but this method has its limits.
Indeed, a digital version favours the sharing of resources between the different positions and trades within your kitchen. In addition, the digital files have a more educational and fun aspect than an Excel file that is sometimes complicated to read in the kitchen. These resource sheets allow you to follow the quality of the product throughout the recipe while guaranteeing professional management of the raw material.
Finally, these recipes allow you to make significant savings, since the raw materials will determine your gross margin. The clearer the model of your recipes, the better they will be realized. For this you need a professional tool that uses digital science.
For a restaurant professional, there are now techniques that allow the creation of recipe cards with a professional sub-recipe level.
The level of sub-recipes in the data sheets is very important, especially for the proper management of your catering establishment.
High school, Bac, CAP
The recipes are now used in all cooking schools. Future restaurant professionals who are preparing for a career in the restaurant industry are familiarised with these tools and resources as early as high school for the vocational baccalaureate or cap in the hotel and restaurant industry.
This education in management tools is essential, because the level of management of a restaurant is high and these digital tools are allies for the calculation, profitability and margin of a restaurant establishment.
The vocational high schools preparing BAC or CAP specialising in the hotel and catering trades have understood the importance of management methods.
For this reason, the use of technology-related data, documents and teaching resources is encouraged in the vocational training courses.
In order to ensure a high level of quality in the hotel industry, it is necessary to make students aware of the transmission of information within a company, the importance of data and the digital and technological aspect.
This therefore requires an education geared towards pedagogy and above all taking account of current events. Today, tools and digital technology are everywhere in the professional world, so we must use these information resources to serve the company.
Professional kitchen data sheet - Template to download: Excel table
The kitchen data sheet table with all the built-in calculations to get you started.
Catering Professional - Click on this link to start the download.
To go further, methods exist to calculate and improve its gross margin: Improving his restaurant's GROSS MARGIN step by step